ABS in the Cloud or in your office — Your choice.
ABS Cloud is the same software available for your office only it is in the cloud. You now have the choice of using ABS on your equipment or letting us manage the software and data for you. With ABS Cloud you just use the software instead of being (or hiring) an IT professional. You have the same functionality either way. These are the obvious differences:
• No need to install software on any office computer because the ABS software and your database are in the cloud, not on your PC. If you operate a server computer just for ABS, that won't be needed.
• ABS software updates are done for you.
• Backing up your data is done for you.
• Use ABS anywhere there is an Internet connection. That lets remote workers use ABS without tying up a computer in your office or installing it on their computer. It is perfect for agencies with a satellite office, or when you need to access customer information from home or while on vacation.
• Use ABS on virtually any device such as, Personal Computers (PC), Mac computers, Linux computers, and although it may be difficult to read on smaller devices, internet connected Android and iPad tablets.
• In many cases, ABS will be faster in the cloud than on your own system.
Questions: (please call if you want more information)
I've been using ABS in my office for years. Do I have to switch?
- Absolutely not. You can continue to use ABS exactly as you have — no change. It is simple to move to the cloud if you later decide it's for you.
Can I use ABS in the cloud and on my office installation at the same time?
- No. You can use ABS on your office equipment, or in the cloud but not both. You can have only one active database, and it will either be in the cloud or in your office but not both.
What's the cost?
- The ABS Software License fee is the same in the cloud or your office. However there is an additional charge for hosting the software in the cloud. Our strategic partner, Cornelius Concepts, LLC, handles the cloud hosting. They charge a small monthly amount for each user with discounts for agencies with 5 or more users. For details and current pricing visit: https://windowsapphosting.com/abs-signup
Can I still use ABS options such as Document Manager, or Receipt Manager?
- ABS works in the cloud just as it does in your office. Those options are available and work like they always have, only they are in the cloud.
Will my data be secure?
- In addition to your ABS User ID & Password, a unique User Name and strong Password must be entered before you can access your Cloud Account, and that's before you get to the ABS login window. As always, you should use strong passwords. They should have eight or more characters of upper and lower case letters, numbers, and symbols. Example: AbsRØcks!
Can I get my own backup copy of my database?
- Yes. There is no charge for an occasional backup.